On February 4 this year, at the National Exhibition “Made in Moldova-2010” took place the ceremony for designation of winners of the contest “TOP OF INNOVATIONS-2010”.
The organizers of this intellectual competition, now in its third edition, are the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (ASM), the Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer (AITT) and the National Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova (AGEPI).
The aim of the contest in question consisted in determining the most valuable 10 innovations in various fields of research and innovation which have been implemented during 2010. “It was very interesting to examine such records, evaluate them, discuss with those who presented papers for the Competition to better understand for what is meant innovation, how it was implemented, the underlying technology” - mentioned Mr. Ghenadie Cernei, director of the Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, the moderator of the event.
Of 30 innovations submitted to the contest, the Council of experts selected following the examination, 10 of the most valuable, namely:
- First Place, and nomination “Innovation of the Year” - Nicolae SAVGA, SUMPh “N. Testemitanu”, for innovation “Devices for correction of scoliotic deformities of the vertebral column”.
- Second Place - Alexandr Brestecico, IM “SANIN” LTD, for innovation “Film for biodegradable mulching “MulchBioFilm”.
- Third Place - Tudor LUPASCU, Institute of Chemistry of the ASM, for innovation “Medicinal preparations obtained on base of the active substance “ENOXIL”.
- Fourth Place - Felix SEPELI, Institute of Chemistry of the ASM, for innovation "New are dental preparations based on the extract of fennel fruits and their production technology” (“FENGLYCOL” and “FENCARIN”).
- Fifth Place - Mihai TIRSU, Institute of Energy of the ASM, for innovation “Transformer with voltage phase gap control with thyristors”.
- Sixth Place - Mr. Vladimir BERZAN, Institute of Energy of the ASM, for innovation “Innovative technical solutions for efficient wind energy conversion”.
- Seventh Place - Tamara POTLOG, State University of Moldova, for innovation “CdTe-based photovoltaic modules for small power plants”.
- Eighth Place - Victor GHICAVAI, Vadim GAVRILUTA, SUMPh “N. Testemitanu”, for innovation “Methods for prevention of oncology patients radiation complications”.
- Ninth Place - Constantin TURTA, Institute of Chemistry of the ASM, for innovation “Technology for the obtaining and use of antichlorotic preparation “GAJAZOT”.
- Tenth Place - Nicolae BALAUR, Institute of Genetics and Plant Physiology of the ASM, for innovation “Innovation for reconstruction of plants - C3”.
Diplomas of the winners of the Contest “TOP OF INNOVATIONS – 2010” were handed by Mr. Gh. Cernei, director AITT, and Mr. T. Jovmir, Director, Inventions Department, AGEPI.
Also, the Commission for evaluation of cases decided to award diplomas of commendation to a few domestic manufacturers who exhibited at the exhibition stands of the National Exhibition “Made in Moldova” innovative products. Besides new technologies, they also use old technologies or manufacture old products with new utility. From these awards have benefited:
- “TECHNO-ITAL-BLOC TNC” LTD (vibropressed concrete articles under European technology) - diploma for launching of innovative products in the field of construction on domestic market.
- “MESTER FAUR” JSC (art processing of plant fibers (rod, bulrush, straw, corn husk, reed, cask making and selling of handicrafts to order) - diploma for revitalization and popularization of handicrafts.
- “PELIN-ART” LTD (wooden items (panels, sculptures, souvenirs in Moldovan national style, gourds, masks, exclusive furniture) – diploma for revitalization and popularization of handicrafts.
The event was attended by representatives of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer of the ASM, the National Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova, scientists of institutions and organizations in science and innovation, natural and legal entities, state and private, operating in the Republic of Moldova, representatives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, mass media, etc.
For more information access: http://www.aitt.md/?q=news/187